Teach your dog how to Search from home
Scent work is GREAT for dogs that:
* have a nose!
Basically, thats all you need!
GREAT for puppies and GREAT for senior dogs and GREAT for ALL dogs in-inbetween!
Scentwork is amazing!
Training your dog how to use their nose has sooooooooo many benefits.
* Impulse and self control
* To tire gently
* You build a bond with your dog
* To create an unstoppable team together
* Build confidence
This 121 Scentwork training will last about 1 hr.
We will work on whatever you need help with, depending on what level you and you dog are at.
We can teach your dog to search items and areas
Teach them to find a specific scent/s
n.b.* a petrol cost of 0.45p per mile will be added for all clients outside of a 5 mile radius from TW18
How I Train:
As a positive reinforcement, ethical trainer, I don’t feel the need to use force, intimidation or anything that should cause any kind of fear or pain to your dog.
I use Science, patience and understanding of the animal I am helping at that time.
Every case is different, and I try and get as much information as I can to help the owners in building a new training program for their dog.
Quick Fix aversive training methods do not look at the underlying problems or causes, they can in fact cause more behavioural issues. Emma is Vet recommended.
Please be prepared:
- Everyone learns differently, if you are someone who learns by making notes or writing stuff down, please have a pen and paper ready. I do send you out a report of what we covered.
- Please be prepared to do some work in your garden (if you have one), I may need to see your dog move, or interact in an outside space, I may also lay out some items for your dog to explore.
- Some behaviour modification work may involve using food rewards to help change your dog’s associations or to slowly change a behaviour, so please have some high value food prepared ready for my visit. Please no dried food or kibble as this is very rarely considered high value.
- It is your responsibility to put into action my Training/behaviour modification program, if at any point, you don't understand or don't feel as though the instructions are realistic to you or your pet, please do mention it as soon as possible and we can work out a new plan.
When undergoing my training, everyone that comes into contact with your pet MUST refrain from using any harsh/aversive or forceful training methods and/or equipment.
No reviews were found.
Listen to a selection of songs performed by Scentwork 121.