UK Sniffer Dogs Class
This 6 week class is for all dogs. No previous experience required.
Classes are approx 60 mins long
'Reactive Dog Friendly Classes, please give me an email or call before you book so we can go over your dogs needs first to make sure i can accommodate.'
UK Sniﬀer Dogs Mission Statement
To improve dog's lives through nosework. By applying our knowledge as dog trainers and scent instructors, we have developed a program that will enable owners to give their dogs positive scent experiences, not only teaching them to work and play with scent, but using scent to rectify problems in pet dogs when it comes to behaviour.
The Power of Nosework is endless!
Scent work is GREAT if your dog is:
* one that has a nose!
Basically, thats all you need!
GREAT for puppies and GREAT for senior dogs and GREAT for ALL dogs in-inbetween!
Scentwork is amazing!
Training your dog how to use their nose has sooooooooo many benefits.
* Impulse and self control
* To tire gently
* You build a bond with your dog
* To create an unstoppable team together
* Build confidence
AND requires no previous training!
What to bring:
- Treats: Lots of people bring boring or unhealthy kibble or packaged treats to class and have problems getting their dog to focus or work for the whole session. I would recommend you bring plenty of small tasty treats, preferably cut up hot dogs or cut up cheese. Your dog will be very distracted in the first few classes, so tasty and smelly treats will keep them focused and motivated. The pieces do not need to be bigger than pea size.
- A Red Kong (MUST be a RED one!)
- Fresh water and bowl for your dog.
- A seat if you need it.
- A full list of equiptment will be emailed to you nearer the time.
- Your dog’s favourite (NON-Squeaky) Toy, if toy motivated.
- Please have your dog on a harness.
- A smile and a sense of humour.
There is ample space to park your car in the venue.
There are toilets avaiable.
When you arrive at the class, please stay in your car until instructed. please also keep your dog on the lead and away from other dogs. Some dogs attending may be fearful so please keep some distance.
Guidelines for Emma’s Animals services
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING A FLEXI LEAD.
- - Please have your dog in a Harness or Flat collar, NO PRONG< CHOKE CHAINS OR ELECTRIC COLLARS ALLOWED!).
- - Plenty of high value tasty treats (they need to be good stuff to help your dog focus better) Dont be stingy, do NOT bring kibble. IF youre at a loss, i will be selling some in class.
- -Your dog’s favourite (NON-Squeaky) Toy
- - Your own anti-bacterial hand sanitiser.
- - Your own Gloves and mask if you wish to wear one.
- IF anyone is experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 they are NOT to attend class or 121, I reccomend you taking a rapid covid test before attending.
- IF anyone has been around anyone with Covid-19 symptoms they are NOT to attend class or 121.
- IMPORTANT. You should bring your own water and water bowl for your dog.
- IF hot then you will need to bring with you things to keep your dog cool In the car. Sunshade, cool mats etc.
- IF your dog toilets you MUST take it home with you to dispose of yourself.
- If you are unable to stand for the whole duration of the class, you will need to bring your own chair.
- IF you arrive to class early, please stay in your car until instructed to get out.
- This is an outdoor class so please dress sensibly.
If you have any questions please get in contact: [email protected]
or 07788 107086
Listen to a selection of songs performed by UK Sniffer Dogs Bronze Classes.