30/05/2018 - Advice
I try and…at least once a week let Sookie take me for a walk.
I call it our ‘walk this way walk’
I find it really interesting watching her make her own decisions in choosing direction. Watching her sniff and change pace.
If you would like to try this let me know…
Here are the rules:
1. Put aside some time to ‘Walk this way’ 30 mins, 45 mins, an hour… what ever time you are limited to this walk will work.
2. Pop you dog on lead and leave your house. (A harness is preferable)
3. Let your dog choose direction. (as long as it is safe)
4. Let your dog choose speed of walk. (as long as it is safe and you can keep up) Take that pressure off you and your dog.
5. If your dog wants to sniff…let them sniff for as long as they need, no direction change from you unless needed for safety reasons.
Where does your dog take you?
I find that it may be wise to take some money with you as one time Sookie took me to the pet shop! HAHA…we had a nice sniff as a reward as I didn’t bring any money.