Emma’s Animals – Behaviour, Training & Care Terms & Conditions
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, THEY ARE IN PLACE FOR THE SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT OF ALL PARTICIPANTS.
ALL training is designed to be fun and rewarding for both dog and handler, but in the interest of safety, responsibility and welfare it is important that the following terms and conditions are noted.
General terms and conditions:
- All Emma’s Animals training techniques are Ethical, kind, dog friendly, science and reward based training methods.
- Emma’s Animals will not force your pet to do anything they don't want to, nor intentionally cause any harm or discomfort. Your pet’s wellbeing is of high importance.
- It is your responsibility to put into action Emma’s training/behaviour modification programs, if at any point, you don't understand or don't feel as though the instructions are realistic to you or your pet, please do mention it as soon as possible and we can work out a new plan.
- When undergoing Emma’s training, everyone that comes into contact with your pet must refrain from using any harsh/aversive or forceful training methods/handling and/or equipment.
- Therefore, I ask that from hereon in no undue stress or pressure is put on your pet.
Classes/Workshops/Training in public areas:
- You are responsible for the safety of your pet and the behaviour and actions of your pet while attending training.
- Classes and workshop sizes are between 4 to 6 dogs and behaviour cases are taken on a 121 basis.
- The family can attend but all children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult other than the main handler of the dog.
- It is your responsibility to clean up after your dog if they toilet. Some venues will have poop bins, some do not, in this instance I ask that you take the poop with you and dispose in a bin on the way home/at home. If you do not have a poop bag, please ask a trainer.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. Emma’s Animals does not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst left at the training Venues.
- Handlers must be a minimum of 16 years old unless accompanied by an adult. Children are very welcome to come to classes as long as they don't disrupt the other participants and don’t touch the other dogs.
- Any Participation in Emma’s Animals activities is entirely at the risk of the participant. Emma’s Animals, accept no responsibilities whatsoever, for any injuries or losses sustained.
- Handlers and/or owners remain responsible for their dogs at all times.
- All dogs are to wear a harness/flat lead. Choke chains, check chains, prong collars, flexi leads and punitive methods, manhandling are not permitted.
- Dogs are to be kept on a lead in and around our training venues unless specifically requested by the trainer. All dogs must be kept under control and on a lead.
- Please do not smoke during the class.
- Harsh handling is not permitted and we reserve the right to ask a handler to leave if they refuse the advice regarding this.
- Please do not let your dog dig holes in the training field.
- We will not take responsibility for any damage caused to you, your pet or any item of property. You are responsible for your own (and your dog's) safety and agree to use the field at your own risk
Pictures and videos: Emma's Animals reserves the right to take pictures and videos during an event/service. Every participant herewith agrees for these to be published on the website, social media or written form. Participants are not allowed to take pictures, videos, etc. without the consent of the other participants and Emma's Animals. Participants are NOT allowed to publish any pictures, videos, voice recordings, text, information gained in any way.
If you do not want to be filmed or photographed (or your dog), you need to let Emma's Animals or the organisers know in writing. The owner allows and consents for their dog to be photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Emma's Animals without prior approval. All such photographs and videos etc. are the property of Emma's Animals.
Cancellation of 121 appointments, classes or workshops
- We expect payment in full before the start of each course of classes/workshops/behaviour consultations or 121 training sessions.
- We regret refunds are not available apart from in exceptional circumstances.
- In the unlikely event of a training session being cancelled by Emma’s Animals, a catch up lesson will be given in return.
- It is as at the trainer’s discretion to terminate an owners place in a class or cancel a 1:1 training session if the owner does not pay, notify of cancellation of a lesson or displays unacceptable behaviour towards other owners, dogs or trainers.
- Payment for classes/workshops is non-refundable unless your space can be filled before the class. Emma’s Animals will take in to consideration extenuating circumstances and will work with the owner to resolve any problems.
- Please do not bring your dog to class if he/she has a contagious disease or if they are ill, you are welcome to come to class without your dog in this instance so that you don't miss out on the lesson.
- We also ask that bitches in season are not brought to class, but if your course has already started, we can make arrangements for you to catch up in the next course. If you are unsure whether or not to bring your dog to class please do not hesitate to call me or speak with your Veterinary surgeon.
- Vaccinations: vaccinations are recommended but if you choose not to vaccinate then it's at your own risk. * Please bring a copy of your dog’s vaccination records along to the first class.* Puppies awaiting their 2nd jab can start classes but bring a blanket to work on.
- Please do not bring your dog to class if he or she has been coughing, vomiting or has diarrhoea. If you are unsure whether or not to bring your dog to class or to attend a 121 or behaviour consult please do not hesitate to call or speak with your veterinary surgeon.
- Please do let me know if your pet has health issues or is suffering from an infectious disease that could be contagious. If in doubt about your pet’s health please consult your veterinarian and let me know before class/visit.
Emergencies: Emma’s Animals will call the number(s) provided by the client in the event of an emergency/problem, if no contact can be made, we will make a judgement call on behalf of the client. The client will be responsible for any costs incurred.
Veterinary Treatment: The representative of Emma’s Animals is authorised to transport your pet(s) to and from the veterinary clinic for treatment or to request "on-site" treatment if deemed necessary. If you cannot be reached in case of an emergency, the representative shall act on my behalf to authorise any treatment excluding euthanasia. you will assume full responsibility upon your return for payment for veterinary services rendered.
House visits: Will last approximately 30 minutes. Unless otherwise stated. Please leave out all food and any litter/bedding needed to carry out care for your pet. Emma’s Animals cannot be held responsible for pets allowed to roam/live outdoors.
The client agrees that all animals assessed, live in the same household as stated to Emma’s Animals. The client will advise Emma’s Animals of any behavioural problems, traits or vices the clients pet may have, as well as health issues and medical treatment needed.
Insurance: Emma’s Animals is insured for Public Liability, Care, Custody and Control of Animals, all pets should be insured by the client. If the pet is not insured the client will accept full liability and will be fully responsible for all costs incurred. Emma’s Animals cannot be held liable for any loss, injury, illness or death to the client’s pet, either inside or outside the client’s home whilst with Emma’s Animals. The client accepts third-party liability and will pay any such costs or expenses on demand. The client also understands that no liability will attach to the above-mentioned Pet carer.
Vaccinations, worms and Fleas: Pets should be up to date with all worm and flea treatment. Emma’s Animals asks that the clients pet(s) are in general good health. If not, this is to be stated to Emma’s Animals as soon as possible. If the pet is not up to date with Vaccinations then you (the owner) will accept all liability relating to this. ALL pets will need to be rid of fleas and worms as Emma’s Animals looks after other pets and cannot take the risk of these spreading.
Cancellation of Agreement: The client releases their house key(s) to Emma’s Animals for the duration of the agreement. You may revoke this release at any time and expect your keys to be returned to you immediately upon payment of any outstanding fees.
Payment: The client will pay a deposit of 50% upfront to reserve the dates, the remaining 50% is to be paid a week before departure or as agreed with Emma’s Animals.
If you have any questions regarding this please contact me directly on 07788 107086 or email [email protected]
Type content here ...