UK Sniffer Dogs Class
This 8 week class is for all dogs. No previous experience required.
Classes are approx 60 mins long
All classes are socially distanced, MAX 6 dogs in any 1 class.
'Reactive Dog Friendly Classes, please give me an email or call before you book so we can go over your dogs needs first to make sure i can accommodate.'
UK Sniﬀer Dogs Mission Statement
To improve dog's lives through nosework. By applying our knowledge as dog trainers and scent instructors, we have developed a program that will enable owners to give their dogs positive scent experiences, not only teaching them to work and play with scent, but using scent to rectify problems in pet dogs when it comes to behaviour.
The Power of Nosework is endless!
Scent work is GREAT if your dog is:
* one that has a nose!
Basically, thats all you need!
GREAT for puppies and GREAT for senior dogs and GREAT for ALL dogs in-inbetween!
Scentwork is amazing!
Training your dog how to use their nose has sooooooooo many benefits.
* Impulse and self control
* To tire gently
* You build a bond with your dog
* To create an unstoppable team together
* Build confidence
AND requires no previous training!
What to bring:
Think about motivation:
- Treats: Lots of people bring boring or unhealthy kibble or packaged treats to class and have problems getting their dog to focus or work for the whole session. I would recommend you bring plenty of small tasty treats, preferably cut up hot dogs or cut up cheese. Your dog will be very distracted in the first few classes, so tasty and smelly treats will keep them focused and motivated. The pieces do not need to be bigger than pea size.
- Fresh water and bowl for your dog.
- A seat if you need it.
- A full list of equiptment will be emailed to you nearer the time.
- Your dog’s favourite (NON-Squeaky) Toy, if toy motivated.
- Please have your dog on a harness.
- A smile and a sense of humour.
If I asked you to do me a favour and I gave you a dry rice cake as a thank you, would you be happy to keep doing what I ask of you? Or would you prefer me to pay you in chocolate brownies? (dependant on what you perceive to be higher value) This class is fun for your dog. NO STINGY OWNERS ALLOWED!
There is ample space to part your car in the venue.
There are toilets avaiable and strict protocols to follow government guidelines.
When you arrive at the class, please stay in your car until instructed. please also keep your dog on the lead and away from other dogs. Some dogs attending may be fearful so please keep some distance.
Guidelines for Emma’s Animals services during Corvid 19
- Everyone will be advised to adhere to social distancing throughout the class. 2m distancing MUST be maintained at all times, so stay aware.
- Only a limited number of people to any 1 dog, please check before.
- Do not touch any other dog but your own.
- Dogs are not allowed to touch each other.
- You will need to bring your own equipment:
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING A FLEXI LEAD.
- - Harness.
- - Plenty of high value tasty treats (they need to be good stuff to help your dog focus better) Dont be stingy, do NOT bring kibble. IF youre at a loss, i will be selling some in class.
- -Your dog’s favourite (NON-Squeaky) Toy
- - Your own anti-bacterial hand sanitiser.
- - Your own Gloves and mask.
- Please be aware that there may be no access to toilets.
- IF anyone is experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 they are NOT to attend class or 121.
- IF anyone has been around anyone with Covid-19 symptoms they are NOT to attend class or 121.
- IMPORTANT. You should bring your own water and water bowl for your dog.
- IF hot then you will need to bring with you things to keep your dog cool In the car. Sunshade, cool mats etc.
- IF your dog toilets you MUST take it home with you to dispose of yourself.
- If you are unable to stand for the whole duration of the class, you will need to bring your own chair.
- IF you arrive to class early, please stay in your car until instructed to get out.
- This is an outdoor class so please dress sensibly.
- Please bring with you a blanket so you can sit with your dog on the floor.
If you have any questions please get in contact: [email protected]
or 07788 107086